Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ideal Society 2

No changes have been made to my society due to the fact that I found nobody in another's society who I felt was worth trading for. That is not to say that everyone else's choices were poor. Rather, it means that my society was perfect for me and their societies were perfect for them. Quite honestly, if there was someone I felt was more deserving of a spot in my society than someone who was already in there, they would have been a part of my society in the first place. My society works out because each member has their own set of beliefs and dreams, which all seem to revolve around the possibility of objective happiness. Each member is also powerful in some way, whether it be from their influential words or their ability to warp reality. This allows the members to eliminate all threats to their happiness. One possible flaw in my society is that there could be a power struggle should a member be denied the happiness that they are owed, or if one member's happiness conflicts with the happiness of another. This is only a possible flaw because each member of the society has their own idea of how their happiness can be achieved, but do not see fit to use others in their plans of achieving such happiness. Rather, they all know and rely on their own strengths to chase after their dreams. Each member can work with others, but it content being by his/herself. This means that no member of the society will seek to influence others, and will only share their opinions on a subject when asked to do so. Jareth, being a master of dreams, can easily make the dreams of each member of the society come true without conflicting with the dreams of other members. There is peace in such a society, making it stable.

No comments: